Black Bean Brownie

I keep on seeing black bean brownie recipes and wanted to see if I could attempt one with a little less sugar and fat. I made this batch and I found that they tasted even better the next day, after sitting in the fridge. Mmmmmm Chocolate :)

Yield: 1 8"x8" tray of brownies
You will need:
-flax egg (mix 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed with 3 1/2 tablespoons of water and let it sit for at least 5 minutes)
-1 can rinsed black beans
-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
-9 pitted medjool dates (soaked in 3 tablespoons of hot water, which will also be used in this recipe)
-4 Tablespoons Cocoa
-1/2 tablespoon baking powder
-A dash of vanilla
-1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Blend all the ingredients together  (except for the chocolate chips)
3. Place batter in a parchment lined tray and sprinkle chocolate chips over top
4. Bake for 30-35min. Allow to cool before eating
*Add additional sweetener of choice if desired. I prefer my cakes not too sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream