Raw Carrot Falafels

Whenever I juice carrots, I'm left with an abundance of carrot pulp. I always am trying to think of what to do with the pulp instead of composting it. This was a great tasting combination of flavours inspired by falafels!

Yield: 24 falafels
You will need:
-2 cups carrot pulp (or shredded carrots)
-1/2 cup sesame seeds (I soaked them overnight)
-1 cup Sunflower seeds (I soaked them overnight)
-2 cups chopped celery (or parsley)
-2 tablespoons coconut aminos (any soy sauce would work)
-a few dashes of garlic powder
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1 tablespoon chipotle (or smoked paprika or curry... any spice)

Directions:
1. Pulse all the ingredients together until combined 
2. Shape the batter into desired size portions
3. Dehydrate for about 8 hours (until dehydrated as much as you like)
4. Enjoy in lettuce wraps with a tahini lemon dressing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream