Simple Jicama Salad

I remember when we were in the Mayan Riviera and the resort we were staying at had so much jicama. I saw it at the buffet, in the restaurants and at the snack shacks. What was interesting was how they presented it in so many different forms. There was shredded jicama for salads and jicama fries with hot sauce and lime. I just remember how we were introduced to this beautiful vegetable and how I was on a hunt for it when we came back to Calgary. I couldn't believe that it was in our grocery stores all along! It took me going to Mexico to discover something that was right in front of me the whole time!

Yield: 1 serving
You will need:
Salad:
- 3 cups spinach
-1 jicama (peeled and shredded)
-1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
Dressing:
-1-2 oranges (peeled)
-1 sprig of green onion
-1 tablespoon red onion
-1 handful cilantro
-A dash of cayenne (optional)
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions:
1. Blend all the ingredients for the dressing together and place aside in a bowl in the fridge
2. Squeeze the jicama to remove as much moisture as possible
3. Mix all the salad ingredients together and top with the salad dressing. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream