Black Bean Burgers

Homemade black bean burgers were inspired by my visit to Smash Burger where I saw someone in front of us ordering a black bean burger! I've tried my fair share of vegan and vegetarian burgers and haven't been satisfied. I didn't realize they had egg in them so I was determined to make my own version and they turned out great.

Yield: 4 burgers
You will need:
-1 can rinsed black beans
-1 grated carrot
-1/2 cup chopped parsley
-1 cup chopped mushrooms
-1 flax egg (mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons water and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken)
-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
-A dash of chili powder
Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together, mashing the black beans a bit to help allow all the ingredients to stick together. Shape the patties however you like and either grill on the bbq, bake in the oven, or in a pan on the stove top with a little oil (these don't take too long to cook and times may vary based on patty sizes)
2. Serve over a bed of lettuce or in a lettuce bun with all your favorite toppings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream