Coconut Crunch Oat Cookies

I make coconut milk in my household on a weekly basis and I'm always left with coconut pulp. I'm trying to find creative ways to use it and a recipe which I could use on a continuous basis. I haven't created a recipe until now! These cookies are going to be a staple in my house. I created them on the fly with the ingredients I have in my pantry and now I feel like the only reason why I'll be making coconut milk is so that I can have the excuse to make these cookies with the pulp! If you don't have pulp, just use regular shredded coconut or coconut flour. Use a dehydrator and omit the baking soda to make these completely raw or just eat the cookie as is if you dont feel like baking because they're amazing!
Yield: 5 large cookies
You will need:
-1 tablespoon lucuma powder mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and thickening up on the side for 5 minutes
-1/4 cup peanut butter (any nut butter)
-1 ripe banana (can possibly use apple sauce or pumpkin puree)
-1 tablespoon maple syrup
-1 tablespoon date paste
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1/4 cup oat flour
-1/2 cup coconut flour
-A dash of cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 cup cookie dough granola crumble (or 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa nibs/chocolate chips, 1 pitted date, 1 tablespoon shredded coconut)
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a food processor, blend all the wet ingredients together first 6 ingredients)
3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined (leave the cookie dough crumble till the end and pulse in a couple times to keep crunchy)
4. Bake for about 12 minutes (until beginning to brown on the top) and cool completely before eating or storing in the fridge/freezer in an airtight container

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream