Simple Chocolate Fudge Mug Cake

Do you ever desire a nice slice of chocolate cake in the evening with a warm drink? I know I do! And it's usually after watching a bunch of baking challenge shows on the Food Network :D. I put together this little mug cake to hit the spot so I'm not left with left-overs and eating the whole cake throughout the night. The boys enjoyed eating it out of a mug too!
Yield: 1 mug cake
You will need:
-6 tablespoons almond flour (could possibly use any flour)
-1 heaping table spoon cocoa or carob powder
-1 tablespoon maple syrup (or any sweetener of choice, like agave, coconut sugar or date paste)
-pinch of salt
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-3 tablespoons milk
-optional additions: cinnamon or vanilla, chocolate/carob chips

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in mug/ramekin of choice
2. When microwaving, start off with 30 seconds and then continue adding 15 seconds (my total cooking time was 1 min and 15 seconds)-- this will vary depending on different microwaves
3. It may look a bit gooey but it will become more firm as it sits out of the microwave
4. Enjoy eating it with a spoon as soon as it comes out of the microwave or wait for it to cool down (I know I couldn't wait!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream