Raw Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

I love chewy oatmeal cookies and when I attempted making some using my dehydrator I was a little nervous. I was hoping to achieve that gooey oatmeal flavour and memory from my childhood and I believe it was an amazing success. If you don't have a dehydrator just use an oven at the lowest temperature setting. I hope you enjoy!

Yield: 12 cookies
You will need:
-2 tablespoons tahini (any nut/seed butter)
-1/4 cup maple syrup
-1 3/4 cups raw gluten-free oats
-2 cups oat flour
-A dash of cinnamon
-3 grated apples (squeeze out the liquid after grating)
-1/2 cup any combination of seeds or nuts (I used 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds)
-1 cup fresh/frozen cranberries or blueberries (I split the batter in half and made half with cranberries and half with blueberries)
Directions:
1. Mix the tahini with the maple syrup to make a creamy butter
2. Mix in the oats, oat flour and cinnamon to make a dough
3. Stir in the seeds/nuts and grated apples until well combined
4. Stir in the blueberries/cranberries carefully at the end so they don't break and make the batter turn entirely purple or red
5. Form the cookie dough into individual cookies and place onto a lined dehydrator sheet
6. Dehydrate for 6-12 hours at 115F (depending on how you like the chewiness of your cookies). Flip the cookies half way through dehydrating to ensure even dehydration. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Noodle Sushi Wrap

Banana Apple Oaties

*Strawberry and Peanut Butter Nicecream